One of the areas with the most bacteria and viruses is the bathroom towels. Contrary to popular belief, cleaning the surfaces is not enough to ensure hygiene and sterilization. To ensure hygiene, it is necessary to care about clean towels. Therefore, the towels must also be cleaned appropriately to ensure total hygiene.
Bath towels are used in daily care routines to dry the body. Bath towels directly touch delicate skin, so they should be soft. A high-quality bath towel should also be absorbent to dry off the skin. Properly cleaning bath towels extend their product life and preserve high quality. The bath towels’ quality depends on their manufacturer. MTC Linen is a wholesale manufacturer, producing 100% genuine Turkish cotton products in size, weight, color, and pattern from the existing on-site products, in line with the customer’s request. MTC Linen offers high quality, comfort, and elegance. Visit the website to find out more about MTC Linen products.
Towels may smell bad and lose their softness and absorbance as it takes a long time to dry or after improper use. This article will cover bath towel problems and how to fix them.
They Smell Bad
Many people can wonder how to get mildew smell out of towels and make old towels smell fresh again. Improper washing or drying methods and poor ventilation cause fabrics such as towels to stink over time. Towels kept indoors for a long time start to smell with the effect of humidity and heat. This article will share tips on how to get smell out of towels and why towels smell.
How to get the soured smell out of towels?
The first way to get rid of smelly towels is to ensure they have been washed correctly. Although the fabric softeners in the markets promise softness and a pleasant smell, they can sometimes cause towels to smell. Towels in the cupboard or drawer, humid and stuffy, may stink because they are kept indoors for a long time. Follow these steps to get rid of smelly bath towels:
- Remove the towels from the cabinet or drawer to get the musty smell out of the towels.
- Pour one glass of baking soda into a large basin filled with boiling water.
- Soak the towels in the water.
- Wash the towels in the washing machine after about an hour.
- Wash the towels according to the instructions on the label.
- The ideal temperature for cleaning towels is the highest temperature specified in the instructions.
- Wash the bath towels in the longest program of the washing machine at the appropriate temperature.
- Use liquid detergent instead of powder detergent.
One of the answers to the question “How to get musty smell out of towels?” is: Wash towels with vinegar and baking soda. For this it’s possible to follow these steps:
- Pour baking soda into the fabric softener compartment.
- Wash towels with vinegar after the first program, and pour two glasses of white vinegar into the machine’s detergent compartment.
- Rewash the towels in a shorter program at the highest possible temperature after the long program.
- Follow these steps to get the musty smell out of towels.
They Don’t Feel Soft
It is not a pleasant experience to dry with a towel as hard as a stone that loses its softness after drying the body and hurts the skin. Bath towels, which wear out quickly due to soap residues, skin scales, and minerals in the water, lose their softness soon due to frequent washing as they are used frequently. Here are some tips and steps on how to soften old towels:
Use high quality tap water to wash the towels
Hard water from the taps, water containing high amounts of lime, calcium, and magnesium, clogs the fabric fibers and hardens the towels. Water can be softened using pipes with cationic resin or anti-limescale detergent.
Choose high-quality fabric when buying a new towel
Towels produced with fast-hardening, poor-quality materials lose their function and quality much more quickly. MTC Linen is a bath towel wholesaler using %100 genuine Turkish cotton on towels. Visit the MTC Linen website to learn more about our products.
Follow the washing instructions on the towel
For the towels to retain their first day’s softness for a long time, they should be washed accordingly to the fabric.
They Don’t Absorb Water
The primary function of bath towels is to keep the body dry by trapping the moisture in the skin. The towels wet the body as they do not trap moisture. Therefore, the towel must be produced from an absorbent material. Some towels lose their absorbency quickly due to long-term use, not washing with suitable materials, and poor quality materials. Absorbent towels should be produced from quality cotton. MTC Linen Christmas bath towel, the perfect gift for loved ones, is made from 100% natural Turkish cotton. So it is highly absorbent.
They Are Stiff
Towels washed at the wrong temperature and with the wrong products stiff after a while. Thşs brings the question of “How to make old towels soft?”. To soften bath towels, one should follow the washing instructions on the product label, prefer the delicate washing machine program, and use detergent and softener suitable for cotton products.
They Take A Long Time To Dry
Keeping the towels wet for a long time causes them to be stiff and fade. Towels need to dry quickly to avoid such situations. For the towels to dry quickly, the spin setting of the washing machine should be sufficient. Towels that are not appropriately wrung can take a long time to dry. Towels should be dried in the open air if possible; if not, air circulation should be provided by opening the windows of the room where the wet towels are hung. Washing towels with vinegar is a good option so that the towel’s color does not fade.
How To Care For Your Towels To Make Them Last Long
To use bath towels for a long time as on the first day:
- One should follow the washing instructions on the product label.
- Using vinegar while washing can help prevent fading.
- Cotton or bamboo towels should be preferred.
- Appropriate detergents and softeners should be used.
- If possible, towels should be dried in the open air.
- Towels should not be exposed to too much sunlight.
- Towels should be changed and washed regularly.
To learn how often you should change the bath towel please read our article.