Top 5 Bath Towel Problems and The Ways to Fix Them
One of the areas with the most bacteria and viruses is the bathroom towels. Contrary to popular belief, cleaning the surfaces is not enough to ensure hygiene and sterilization. To ensure hygiene, it is necessary to care about clean towels. Therefore, the towels must also be cleaned appropriately to ensure total hygiene.
Bath towels are used in daily care routines to dry the body. Bath towels directly touch delicate skin, so they should be soft. A high-quality bath towel should also be absorbent to dry off the skin. Properly cleaning bath towels extend their product life and preserve high quality. The bath towels’ quality depends on their manufacturer. MTC Linen is a wholesale manufacturer, producing 100% genuine Turkish cotton products in size, weight, color, and pattern from the existing on-site products, in line with the customer’s request. MTC Linen offers high quality, comfort, and elegance. Visit the website to find out more about MTC Linen products.
Towels may smell bad and lose their softness and absorbance as it takes a long time to dry or after improper use. This article will cover bath towel problems and how to fix them.
They Smell Bad
Many people can wonder how to get mildew smell out of towels and make old towels smell fresh again. Improper washing or drying methods and poor ventilation cause fabrics such as towels to stink over time. Towels kept indoors for a long time start to smell with the effect of humidity and heat. This article will share tips on how to get smell out of towels and why towels smell.
How to get the soured smell out of towels?
The first way to get rid of smelly towels is to ensure they have been washed correctly. Although the fabric softeners in the markets promise softness and a pleasant smell, they can sometimes cause towels to smell. Towels in the cupboard or drawer, humid and stuffy, may stink because they are kept indoors for a long time. Follow these steps to get rid of smelly bath towels:
- Remove the towels from the cabinet or drawer to get the musty smell out of the towels.
- Pour one glass of baking soda into a large basin filled with boiling water.
- Soak the towels in the water.
- Wash the towels in the washing machine after about an hour.
- Wash the towels according to the instructions on the label.
- The ideal temperature for cleaning towels is the highest temperature specified in the instructions.
- Wash the bath towels in the longest program of the washing machine at the appropriate temperature.
- Use liquid detergent instead of powder detergent.
One of the answers to the question “How to get musty smell out of towels?” is: Wash towels with vinegar and baking soda. For this it’s possible to follow these steps:
- Pour baking soda into the fabric softener compartment.
- Wash towels with vinegar after the first program, and pour two glasses of white vinegar into the machine’s detergent compartment.
- Rewash the towels in a shorter program at the highest possible temperature after the long program.
- Follow these steps to get the musty smell out of towels.
They Don’t Feel Soft
It is not a pleasant experience to dry with a towel as hard as a stone that loses its softness after drying the body and hurts the skin. Bath towels, which wear out quickly due to soap residues, skin scales, and minerals in the water, lose their softness soon due to frequent washing as they are used frequently. Here are some tips and steps on how to soften old towels:
Use high quality tap water to wash the towels
Hard water from the taps, water containing high amounts of lime, calcium, and magnesium, clogs the fabric fibers and hardens the towels. Water can be softened using pipes with cationic resin or anti-limescale detergent.
Choose high-quality fabric when buying a new towel
Towels produced with fast-hardening, poor-quality materials lose their function and quality much more quickly. MTC Linen is a bath towel wholesaler using %100 genuine Turkish cotton on towels. Visit the MTC Linen website to learn more about our products.
Follow the washing instructions on the towel
For the towels to retain their first day’s softness for a long time, they should be washed accordingly to the fabric.